Friday, May 25, 2012

Brick Wall Textures



The program I used for this was Photoshop. I used a photo of a brick wall, then I used the off set tool to make it smoother to use as a texture. The image size was 2048x2048 300 dpi. After the offset I used a couple custom brushes I created a blood splatter brush and a dirt brush. I used the dirt brush to dirty up the wall a little, then i used the burn tool and turned down the opacity of the tool and went across the wall. Then I used the blood splatter tool to make it have an effect like people were murdered on the wall, My idea came from Spartacus: Blood and Sands. Then I put them into a Specular Map, Diffuse Map, and a Normal Map. The used Crazy Bump to get the textures to come out in 3D. What I realized when doing textures is you have to take your time,

No comments:

Post a Comment